Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Best, The Worst, and The Little

This post is in two parts, kind of like a combo deal. 
Since we live in a combo world, I guess it fits.

Part one:
The other day, I over heard a conversation.
The people were talking about their best and worst days.
This morning, my husband and I were talking about it. 
Of course some good natured teasing was involved.
Then on a serious note, I said...
My best day was the day I married him and
My worst day was when I lost our two precious little babies and was told there wasn't much hope of us having children.
He agreed with both of mine.

So, what's your best day?  What's your worst day?


Part two:
The little things...
It seems now a days, that everyone is so busy with work, school, extra curricular activities, hobbies, and of course the never ending housework, laundry and dishes.
Ray works full time and he is back in school working on his next degree. 
I take care of the house, finances, cooking, baking, etc. 
Now, I try to keep my schedule so that I'm free whenever he is home. 
His schedule isn't so flexible and there are days when I feel like I hardly even see him. 
Thankfully, we have been able to spend some quality time together this weekend.  He took the day off on Friday and even though we both had things to attend to, we made time for each other.  Saturday, we didn't do anything special but just having the day together was special enough. 

I can't think of a better way to say it...

"Enjoy the little things in life...
          for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things."

No comments:

Post a Comment