Monday, March 25, 2013

Preparations

My husband's family is coming over Saturday for dinner. 
There will be eleven of us in all.
It was a little challenge to find a time that worked for everyone, but we figured it out. 
Then came the menu, I think it sounds yummy...
 
Ham
Baked Chicken
Macaroni and Cheese
Green Bean Casserole
Baked Beans
Deviled Eggs
Coleslaw
Salad
Relish Tray
Rolls
Cake
Ice Cream
 
I think we will have plenty to eat...Don't you?
This meal will serve as a family get together as well as my father-in-law's birthday and Easter dinner. 
There is much to do in preparation. 
I've been working on the house and yet there is still tons to do.
Then comes the cooking, the baking, and finding a place for everyone to sit.
Now I've had about a month to plan for this dinner. 
I had my plans all laid out and thought that I had a good handle on everything.
Good intentions and all of that.
Have you had those days or even weeks where you had everything planned out and then things just kind of fell apart or changed on you.
Well, we've been having a lot of those lately.
Last week, my plans were to have everything cleaned and straightened up so that this week I could concentrate on the food, maybe a few table decorations and some last minute touch ups, without feeling overwhelmed.
That didn't happen.  I had that accident where my head met the door on the vehicle and let's just say I wasn't up to conquering much of anything last week.
Over the weekend, we got one of those dreaded late night phone calls.  The ones where you know something is wrong as soon as you hear it ring. 
My father-in-law was being taken to the ER. 
He is back home now and ok. 
However, it was a long, tiring weekend of hours in the ER and very little sleep. 
Today, I feel like I'm dragging and there's still tons to do.
The only thing you can do though is to do a little each day and not worry about it.  Right?
The important thing is that everyone gets together and enjoys each other's company.
Of course it helps if the food is ready too. 
 
What preparations are you making for your Easter weekend?
 



No comments:

Post a Comment