Monday, March 11, 2013

New Recipes

About a week ago, we were invited to a friend's house to eat on a Sunday afternoon.  I wanted to take a dish that could be put in a crockpot.  Those things sure are handy. 

So, I went on-line to search for a recipe.  I came across one that caught my eye. 
It sounded good and I had the ingredients. 

It is Santa Fe Chicken and it turned out good. 

Now, I didn't follow the recipe exactly and so it had a lot more liquid than it should have.   It tasted good, really good but I'm going to share a couple tips to keep the amount of liquid down.  One, make sure your ingredients are completely thawed out and do not add any extra liquid to the recipe. 
Now since mine did have extra liquid, it made me think of soup. 
So I took the leftovers and made soup which was also good. 
This recipe served double duty. 

Another recipe I am sharing, at a friend's request, is my Macaroni and Cheese.  This recipe is a big hit and I normally fix it for company and get-togethers.  You do not want to be on a diet the day you fix this but trust me it is really good.  It makes a large batch so you want a large and deep baking dish.

Check them both out under recipes.

Enjoy!

1 comment: