Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Parties, Events, and Such

Hello! 
Things have been pretty busy and crazy around here lately. 
It seems as if there is constantly something going on. 
That can be fun but also tiring. 

I helped a friend fix and serve a snack for about 100-150 people.
We had Italian wraps, Turkey Bacon wraps, chips, veggie cups, fruit cups, pound cakes and brownies. 
It was a lot of work but a big success.

That same week, I put together another snack for some friends. 
I fixed ham rolls, macaroni salad, horderve sticks, and a pie. 
Funny story, one of the friends didn't know what to call the horderve sticks. 
He was telling me that it was a great snack and all and he called them,
"olive thingys on a stick." 
I got a big laugh out of that one. 

I suppose they are more of a Southern thing,
so in case you are not familiar with them... 
You take a party stick (tooth pick) and add the following to it...a green olive, a chunk of ham, a chunk of cheddar cheese, and a chunk of pineapple. 
This is the original version but there are others out there. 
I apologize for not having pictures. 

After all of that, I went right back into planning a baby shower with a friend for her daughter-in-law. 
There will be a separate post for the baby shower. 
I have several pictures for that one. 

If you remember, I stated in a earlier post that 
I absolutely LOVE planning parties. 
Yes they can be a lot of work but there are also a lot of fun. 
Who doesn't enjoy making people happy. 

Now, if you were thinking things were going to slow down,
you are wrong. 

This Saturday, my mother-in-law is having a welcome home get together for one of her older friends who spends the winter months in Florida.

The following weekend is Mother's Day.  For this, I will be having a dinner for my mother-in-law, as well as putting together a Ice Cream party for church.

I do have one free Saturday. 
At least it is free for now, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

After that, there is a surprise birthday party for one of Ray's aunts.

Then I have a cousin who's son is graduating for which,
you guessed it, there will be another party.

Whew!

Check back often for pictures and updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment