Friday, May 10, 2013

Just A Little Note

Good Morning!
Well, the sun is actually shining this morning.  We have been having so many cloudy, rainy days lately.  I know we need the rain but it is nice to see the sun. 

Well, just an update on the party end of things....

My mother-in-law stated that she wanted to go out for Mother's Day instead of coming over to our house.  Ray was going to grill dinner for us tomorrow.  However we are going to go out for Mexican now.  Yes, Mother's Day is on Sunday, however my in-laws do not like to do things on Sunday afternoons because they say it interferes with nap time.  haha

I gathered up decorations yesterday for the Ice Cream party on Sunday.  I was amazed by what I had on hand.  Looks like we will be able to do some decorations without having to buy any.  Always a good thing!  We are using gold, red and white.  Hopefully it will all turn out ok.  I will try to remember to get some pictures.

On anther note, have I mentioned that I'm patriotic to the core?  Well, I received this in an email this morning and just had to share...

Just thought you’d like to know!
When a soldier is killed in the line of duty, his family eventually gets a flag and a note conveying sympathy and respect  from the United States Government. When a Black pro basketball player announces he is a queer, he immediately gets a personal phone call from this President congratulating him for his courage.
Am I missing something?  Well then, excuse me!

That really disturbs me!  Now, I did not research this to see if it was completely accurate, but it is probably close.  Just so you know, I am not prejudice at all.  It's just that a person who puts their life on the line for our freedoms deserves the highest honor and respect. 
Ok, I feel better now that I've had my say. 

To end on another note...
Have you tried the ice tea with the secret ingredient?  I posted about it a while back and the recipe is listed under "recipes".  If you haven't tried it yet, you need to.  Wow, it really makes a difference!

Enjoy your Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment