Monday, May 13, 2013

Ice Cream Party

In honor of Mother's Day, I put together an ice cream sundae party at church Sunday evening. 
Everyone really enjoyed it and I have to say it was fun. 
I do apologize, I didn't get around to taking pictures until after when we were getting ready to clean up.  So I only have a couple pictures of some of the decorations and they are not the best.  I forgot to take my camera so I had to use my cell phone.

On the buffet table, we had a framed poem (below) with some rose lights.
 
How God Made Mother
God took the fragrance of a flower
The majesty of a tree
The gentleness of the morning dew
The calm of a quiet sea
The beauty of a twilight hour
The soul of a starry night
The laughter of a rippling brook
The grace of a bird in flight
Then God fashioned from these things
A creation like no other
And when His masterpiece was through
He simply called it...Mother.
 
 
 
For the tables we used tulle wrapped around lights and green ivy.  It was simple but just enough to look nice.
 

We set it up buffet style so they were able to go through the line and choose their toppings. 
They had the choice of chocolate or vanilla ice cream or a little of both.
Toppings: chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, strawberry syrup, coconut, chopped peanuts, sprinkles, Heath toffee bits, and chopped up mini Reese's cups.
In addition to the sundaes, we had chocolate chip cookies, brownies, and chips and dip. 

It was a great success and was enjoyed by all.  The guys were excited to hear that we would be doing banana splits for Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment