Monday, August 19, 2013

My Brain Needs a Filing System

Crazy title I know, however it is totally correct.
 
Ever feel like there are 20 things going on at once and that
they are all in 20 different directions. 
 
Yes?  Well then you know the feeling.
 
Life gets very busy at times and this is one of those times. 
The thing is, this is actually the preparation time
before all the events begin. 
 
Normally I am an organized person and I love my lists...I make a list for just about everything.  Even some of my lists have lists. 
Ok, I'll stop, my insanity is showing. 

One of the things on my agenda is an Activity Day at our church for children of all ages.  We invite the community and have a bunch of games, activities, crafts, story/skit, and of course food. 
We had two last year.  One in the summer, "Adventure Island" and everything was tropical.  The second one was in the fall and that was called "Harvest Celebration." 

Everyone seemed to enjoy them so it was decided that we would do another one this year.  I am in charge of everything but thankfully I end up having some good helpers.  This year it is going to be a "Western Round-up."   There are some great ideas for it and I am anxious to see it all come together.

Last night I tried talking to two different groups, one group was the actors for the skit and the other group was helpers for all the preparations.  After the "talk" I felt like everything was total chaos and that I was being pulled in 20 different directions.  However, I love planning parties and once we get everyone on the same page,
 it will all come together...hopefully. 

This is just one thing on my long list.  One folder, with many different sub-folders that needs to be filed in my brain. 

Saturday, Ray and I worked outside....big shock.  I am not an outdoors person unless we are out on the Bay.  It was a successful day however.  Ray got the yard taken care of and then we worked on cleaning out the shed.  There are several things to be hauled away, I found several things that I had totally forgotten about which made me really excited (doesn't take much), and overall it looks a lot better.  Sundays are always busy.  I put a pot roast in the crockpot before we left for church and I have to say it turned out really good...thankfully.
 
So today is all about working on laundry, the house, getting things caught up and then regrouping.  Once I get my thoughts and plans all laid out (again) I'll feel a lot better.

Well, that's my Monday morning for ya.  How's yours going?

No comments:

Post a Comment