Thursday, August 8, 2013

Korean Beef

I was originally going to do chicken for dinner tonight and then I realized that Ray was having chicken for lunch. 
I try to always have variety. 

I had a package of ground chuck but
didn't know what to do with it. 
 
We had already had tacos this week. 
I didn't want to do hamburgers. 
I was out of pasta. 
 
What to do?
 
I emailed a friend and asked for suggestions. 
She sent me a link to a recipe that she had found but had not tried yet.  I think I was her guine pig.
 

It was very good and Ray said to make it again. 
Now there were a few things that I did differently. 
One, I didn't have fresh or ground ginger.  I substituted a little allspice for it.  I didn't not measure it out but simply sprinkled, tasted, and then sprinkled again. 
Also, it called for 3 cloves of garlic and I put 5.  We love garlic.  I ended up adding some garlic powder later and still didn't have a strong garlic taste. 
For the brown sugar, I added only a 1/4 C to begin with and tasted.  I didn't want it sweet but did add a little more after tasting. 

Adjust according to your personal taste.
Serve it over rice.  Very Good. 
Give it a try and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment