Saturday, January 10, 2015

Week ReCap

To say this has been a week would be putting it mildly. 
Where to begin?

Sunday we were awaken from our afternoon nap to be told that a neighbors barn was on fire.  Fire trucks from several counties went up and down the road for hours.  Unfortunately the barn was a total loss in addition to them loosing 6 calves. 
There have been several barn fires in the past months. 
There is someone going around setting the fires. 
Hope they catch the person soon.

Sunday evening we were told that Ray's uncle had been taken to the hospital and then on our way to church for the evening service we received a phone call of a family emergency.

Monday evening we were told that the doctor had said the uncle had days to maybe week to live.  So after work we went to see him and had a very good visit.  Looking back I am so glad that we did.

Tuesday evening we were told the doctor didn't think the uncle would make it through the night.

Wednesday morning we receive word that he had passed away. 

From then on there was consoling the family, the viewing, the funeral, burial, etc. 

We received some snow at some point and it has turned bitter cold.

Oh and did I mention I also had a dentist appointment as well.  For those of you who know me, the thought of going to the dentist terrifies me since I had a panic attack there one time.

Plus I am a year older as today was my birthday. 

Hubby was so sweet and treated me to an evening out
and a very nice dinner. 
It was so nice and much needed after this week.

Life is short. 
Tell those around you that you love them while you have them. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment