Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Weekend Recap

Once again yesterday morning we awoke to another fresh new layer of snow.  However the sun came out later in the day and we actually saw temps in the high 40's which is a heat wave for us.  This morning it is raining mixed with freezing rain. 

I trust you had a good Valentine's Day.  Ray and I did.  We took a mini getaway over the weekend for our anniversary.  We went to Gettysburg, Lancaster and just about everywhere in between.  We have been to these places many, many times in the past however we really enjoy going there.  Ray was able to get some terrific pictures at Gettysburg.  I will post them later on this weekend.  The weather was snowy and overcast in Lancaster so he didn't get any pictures there. 

The day before we left, we had a blizzard.  Here are some of the pictures.  (Disclaimer:  these pictures were taking with my old cellphone so not the best quality)
There's my hubby.  It was still snowing but he decided to go on out and try to start clearing a pathway.  He was headed to the shed out back to get the snow blower. 
I personally think he just wanted to get out and play.  haha

You can kind of see the snow falling in this picture.

This picture is of our front steps.  They were buried in the snow.
Ray had to start shoveling to even find them.


There he is with the snow blower.


In my last post I had stated that I was going to bake Ray a cake last week.  Well I did cupcakes instead for two reasons.  One, we were going to be gone over the weekend.  Two, that way I could easily share with my neighbor. 
So I made chocolate cupcakes with strawberry buttercream.   Yum! 

Well, that's all for today. 
Check back this weekend for pictures of Gettysburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment