Thursday, February 27, 2014

Oatmeal

Ray has been eating oatmeal a lot lately for breakfast.  When I was younger I could not stand the thought or looks of oatmeal.  However I will eat it every once in a while now.

Since Ray has been wanting it for breakfast and since we get up between 4-4:30 in the morning, I had been buying boxes of the individual instant packets of oatmeal.
Then one morning, after Ray had left for work and I finally had my eyes completely open, I decided to have a bowl of oatmeal.  Don't you just hate that they put a packet, no two packets, of original flavor in the box...they should call it no flavor.
So anyways I decided to doctor it up.  I added some cinnamon and brown sugar.  Then after I had it mixed up, I put a cut up banana on top.  I really enjoyed it!  In fact I had that for a couple mornings in a row.  This got me to thinking.  Instead of buying boxes of the individual packets why not buy a can of oatmeal.
And that's what I did. 
I brought my can of oatmeal home,
dumped it into a container,
then added brown sugar and cinnamon. 
Buying the can was a lot cheaper and it gave way more servings. 
Plus by having the cinnamon and sugar already mixed in,
it is like opening up a packet. 
Then you can always add fruit to it for variety.
I keep a scoop in my container so all I have to do is grab a bowl and some hot water. 
That's a good thing since my eyes are only partially open
at that hour in the morning. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment