Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Spring Cleaning

Do you smell that?  Ah, spring is in the air...at least we can hope. 
The other day, as I was driving into town, I saw some crocuses pushing their tiny little heads out of the grown.  Poor little things, hope they don't get a frost bite.
Well, I guess I have been bitten by the bug or something. 
The spring cleaning bug that is. 
This winter has been so cold.  Some days I even wondered if someone had uprooted us and set us down in the north pole. 

While it is still too cold out to open the windows and air out the house, I am determined to get a head start on my spring cleaning.  You know what I mean...that deep clean that you don't do on a regular basis.  I also want to go through and declutter. 
Have you noticed how over time, things just get cluttered?

Do you hear the words "spring clean" and "declutter" and cringe or feel overwhelmed when you look at everything that needs to be done?

Well, I have a challenge for you...

Everyday, pick a corner, a closet, etc. and go through it. 
Clean it out, wipe it down, get rid of all the unnecessary clutter.  Be sure to get rid of all those little dust bunnies that were hibernating too.  I heard those gasps, but yes, somewhere hidden in a corner at one time or another, everyone has had a dust bunny. 
Don't get distracted or leave that area until it is completely done.
I am on day two of this challenge and I have to say, I like the results. 

Happy, early, Spring cleaning everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I'm anxious to get spring cleaning too! I hung my spring wreath up today. :)

    ReplyDelete