Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Happy Birthday Mom

Today would have been my Mom's 73rd birthday. 
She has been gone almost 4 years come December. 
Sometimes it feels like it was just yesterday.
 
Loosing your parents leaves a huge void
in your life that can never be filled. 
I know they are in a better place
but sometimes it hurts so much.
 
Mom was such a precious lady,
as sweet as could be. 
Always taking care of others and
hardly ever taking a second for herself. 
She was always cooking, baking, cleaning,
working in the yard with her flowers, having company,
teaching piano, and of course taking care of her family. 
Just about the only time she would sit down
was to take time to read her Bible. 
 
Sometimes I wonder how she did it all. 
She kept her house spotless,
her yard and flowers looking like
a picture from a magazine.
 
She always had a smile,
a kind word,
and time to listen. 
 
There's no one like mom. 
I miss being able to talk to her so much. 
She could always make everything better.
 
Both of my parents left such big shoes to fill. 
I feel so unworthy to have had such great parents
but I am so glad that I did.
 
Happy Birthday Mom! 
I miss you and love you so much!

2 comments:

  1. I didnt know your dad well but I was able to know your mom a little better. She was a wonderful lady. A true lady. We all still miss her here. You had good parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I was blessed with wonderful parents. I know Mom enjoyed having you visit.

      Delete