Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day

I hope you have had a nice relaxing day. 
I personally took the day off, well as much as a housewife can. 
So, tonight I just have a couple things for you.
One, I did a cake for a friend on Saturday.



Two, I tried taking an old recipe and putting it in the crockpot on Sunday.  Ray had told me that he was hungry for my spaghetti and meatballs.  Now, I make my own sauce so not a good recipe for a busy day like Sunday unless I do it ahead of time. 

Ray suggested the crockpot and I decided I would try it although I had my doubts.  Turns out it was very good.  Now I will say it was juicer than when I cook it for several hours on the stove.  I didn't have Parmesan cheese so we used shredded mozzarella and really, really enjoyed our meal. 

It is always great to come home from church on Sunday afternoons and have food ready.  Another great one that I will have to share with you later on is stuffed peppers in the crockpot.  Check back for that recipe later. 

In closing here is an email that my aunt sent to me.  Ray and I got such a laugh out of it I just had to share. 

My Favorite Animal  
Our teacher asked what my favorite animal was, and I said, "Fried chicken."
 
She said I wasn't funny, but she couldn't have been right, because everyone else laughed.
 
My parents told me to always tell the truth. I did. Fried chicken is my favorite animal.  I told my dad what happened, and he  said my teacher was probably a member of PETA.
He said they love animals very much.
 
I do, too. Especially chicken, pork and beef. Anyway, my teacher sent me to the Principal's office.
I told him what happened, and he laughed, too. Then he told me not to do it again.
 
The next day in class my teacher asked me what my favorite live animal was.
I told her it was chicken. She asked me why, so I told her it was because you could make them into fried chicken.
 
She sent me back to the Principal's office. He laughed, and told me not to do it again.
I don't understand. My parents taught me to be honest, but my teacher doesn't like it when I am.
 
Today, my teacher asked me to tell her what famous person I admired most.
 
I told her, "Colonel Sanders." Guess where I am now… 
 



Anyone hungry for fried chicken?  I sure am!!

No comments:

Post a Comment