Friday, July 12, 2013

Hushpuppies

Here recently I just have not had much inspiration
for cooking and planning menus.
This evening was not any different.
I did have a bag of frozen shrimp in the freezer that I had
bought back when they were on sale.
So, I had my meat.  Now what to put with it. 
???
We have had rice, a regular staple in our house,
 for 2-3 nights straight. 
So that option wasn't appealing, same goes for pasta. 
 
French Fries!  Yes, that is what sounded good to me. 
 
So I finally had a plan...
Shrimp, French fries, coleslaw and hushpuppies.
 
I had gone to the store for a couple things so I thought that I would cheat and buy some frozen hushpuppies.  I just didn't feel like making them from scratch and the box mix was over $3 just for the dry ingredients.  I searched and searched...nothing.  It even took a long time to find the box mix.
 
Come on!  What is wrong with these northerners? 
???
 
I remember back when I was first married and tried to buy some.
I couldn't find them then either.
A friend had told me that
they were more of a Southern thing.
Well, I guess they are.
These people up here need to get with the program.
Don't they know that when you have fish and shrimp you have to have HUSHPUPPIES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment