Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The Mantel

I wanted something different this time for the mantel. 
So many times I just put picture frames up there
when I don't have it decorated for the holidays. 
Nothing wrong with that especially when it is family. 
 
However instead of just doing what I always do
I put some thought into it and did some searching for ideas.  This meant that the mantel sat empty for days...
something that I don't like and doesn't happen. 
 
The flower arrangement was the first thing that came together.
 
 
 
I finally knew the layout that I wanted
but didn't have all of the pieces. 
I didn't want to spend a lot of money, if any,
when knowing myself I would be changing it again in time. 
 
 ( I like to redecorate often)
 
I am so, so happy with the way it turned out.
 
 

 
I had everything on hand; cost $0.
Using Microsoft Word I printed the word play on Spring.
 
 
Using a glue stick and some flowers from my scrap-booking supplies I made the floral picture. 
 
 
I'm so happy with it.
Now if we can just get Spring on the outside.
Happy Wednesday!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment