Saturday, May 24, 2014

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning...


This morning when I opened the front door, that is what I thought. 

"Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day....

       It is so nice out right now.  The sun is shining but it is cool, not hot yet.

"oh what a beautiful feeling, everything's going my way...

             Ok, I would definitely not go that far.   However...

"oh what a beautiful day."

For a day really is as good as you make it or let it be.  I know we all have horrible days from time to time, and yes terrible things can happen.  However as a general rule, a day is what you make of it. 


Recently I heard a friend talking about a conversation she had with her daughter.  They were driving down the road and she saw some 'flowers'.  Technically they were weeds.  However she said to her daughter, "look at those pretty flowers."  The daughter was quick to correct the mother and point out that they were just weeds.  The daughter was right but the mother choose to see the pretty color rather than the ugly weed. 

There's a lesson there that can be learned and applied to just about anything.   While I would have agreed with the daughter, it was just a weed after all.  Still we need to look for the beauty and good in things.  There sure isn't any lacking in the bad and ugly in this world we live in.  So why not tried to fine the good?


On another note, 
Can you believe next week is the end of May?  It is almost June?

Part of me is really glad that it is almost June because that means vacation is getting closer and I cannot wait!!!  However, another part of me says, where is this year going! 
 
Well, that is all for now.  Thanks for stopping by.
Enjoy your weekend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment