Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day

 
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!
 
 
Did you remember to wear green today?
 
For dinner, I am fixing Reuben Sandwiches. 
I had thought of doing the traditional corn beef brisket, cabbage and potatoes. 
However, the Reuben Sandwiches sounded good. 

 
I was in the store today buying the ingredients and the lady in the checkout line didn't know what
a Reuben was. 




So for any of you who do not know, it is corn beef (I like to have it sliced really thin), sour kraut, Swiss cheese,
thousand island dressing, and rye bread. 
Put it all together and grill it.  Yum!
 
 
Then for a green dessert, I am making a pistachio pudding pie in a graham cracker crust topped with cool whip.
Ok, so not the best picture.  It had not fully set. 
However it was yummy and refreshing.
 
Today is also my oldest niece's birthday. 
 
Happy Birthday Katie!!
 
You are making your Auntie old!
Hope you have a wonderful birthday.  We love you!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment